TSC Projects and Activities
So what is the TSC working on?
- TSC Sport Recognition Award Winners
The Toronto Sport Recognition Awards are designed to put the spotlight on individuals and corporations whose efforts contribute to the growth of sport in Toronto. Each year the Toronto Sports Council recognizes a volunteer, a business and a journalist for recognition. The 2013 TSC Sport Awards Winners: Volunteer - Brant Snow, Business - MLSE Team Up Foundation and Media - Lance Brown.
- TSC 2012 Report: Click here to read the TSC 2012 Report >>
- Aquatic Working Group – To assist with the ongoing efforts to support pools, we partnered with Let's Make Waves and were successful in receiving a grant from the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Please join our efforts and learn more about how you can help. Send an email to
[AWG section website]. .
Canon Design is our partner as we develop an aquatic framework which will include all pools in the City of Toronto. We are working on our pool database [click here to find a facility] to include all pools in the city, as well as information about specific aquatic sports.
- Field Permit Consultations
- We are currently coordinating with the City on the process for getting feedback from sport groups about permit fees for children and youth. Read More.
- Partnership with Humber College - The Toronto Sports Council (TSC) is proud to be working with Humber College on the placement of student interns from their Sport Management Program. Read More
The TSC will convene groups to tackle issues that are affecting the delivery of sport in the City of Toronto. If you wish to address issues facing your sport please let us know and we will work with you to resolve these issues. To date, we have the following working groups.
- Aquatic Working Group [link]
- Permit Fee Working Group [link]
Volunteers: We are looking for help in the following areas:
- Volunteer co-ordinator.
- Data entry to help with our facility and sport organization database.
- Journalism students – to write our Toronto sport stories
- Photographers – to take great pictures of our local sport groups
- Communications/Marketing – to assist with our newsletter and communication plan.
What are our goals?
- To be the most comprehensive list of sports organizations in Toronto.
- To be the most comprehensive list of funding opportunities in Toronto.
- To be the most comprehensive list of sport job opportunities in Toronto.
- To be the most comprehensive resource for sports news and information in Toronto.